The Local Offer
Every local authority must publish a Local Offer, The SEND Code of Practice identifies the purpose of a Local Offer is to provide clear, comprehensive, accessible and up to date information about the available provision and how to access it. To make provision more responsive to local needs and aspirations by directly involving disabled children and those with SEN, parents and service providers in its development and review.
The Derbyshire local offer is an information, support and advice service for children and young people aged 0 to 25 with special educational needs or disabilities (SEND). It also includes information for parents and carers as well as practitioners and professionals. The SEND Local Offer is a resource which is designed to support children and young people with special educational needs and/or disabilities and their families. It describes the services and provision that are available both to those families in Derbyshire that have an Education, Health and Care Plan and those who do not have a plan, but still experience some form of special educational need. The SEND Local Offer includes information about public services across education, health and social care, as well as those provided by the private, voluntary and community sectors. It must include information about education, health and care provision. It should also tell you about training, employment and independent living for young people with special educational needs and/or disabilities. More information can be found on:
The Local Offer includes information on:
- how children and young peoples’ needs are identified
- how their needs are assessed
- the special educational, health and social care provision for children and young people with SEN or disabilities
- opportunities for training and employment
- support for independent living
- how provision is funded
- leisure activities and support groups
- where you can find more information, advice and support
- arrangements for travel to and from school and other settings
- the help available to resolve disagreements.
- Chapter 4 of the SEND Code of Practice tells you more about the Local Offer.