What support do we have for you as a parent / carer of a child with a SEND?

· The class teacher and headteacher is available before or after school to discuss your child’s progress, any concerns you have or to share information

· The SENCO (Mrs Davies) is available to meet with you to discuss any concerns or worries you may have (Please make an appointment with the school office or email Mrs Davies direct)

· All information from outside agencies / professionals will be shared with you with the person involved directly, or where this is not possible in a Report

· IEP targets and Pupil One Page Profiles will be created in partnership with you

· The child’s targets will be reviewed three times a year, we will meet with parents to plan and to discuss how things are progressing at a review meeting. A letter or email will be sent confirming the meeting date.

· We will hold meetings with outside agencies

· We hold information/transition meetings

· We will share information on support groups for parents / carers

· We will help parents with completing family information forms for GRIP funding, for children’s EHCP’s or provide interpreters to explain the process.

· We will provide information about funding, charities and these are also available on our website.

· Homework will be set so that it meets your child’s individual requirements.

· If required a home / school communication book can be set up

· Links with Parent Partnership · More information can be found on: http://www.derbyshiresendlocaloffer.org/

There are many organisations, charities and support groups who can offer help and guidance for families of children with SEND.

Please click on the images below to access their websites.